Welcome back to Sizzlin’ Soups! It’s been such an honor for me to team up with Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy, Day2Day Joys, Christian Mommy Blogger, The Humbled Homemaker, and Intentional by Grace to bring you so many wonderful soup recipes.
If you have missed any of the soups so far, check them out by clicking below:
- Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Chowder from LeighAnn
- Sausage & Kale Italian Zuppa from Rachel
- Sweet Potato & Sausage Soup from Nikki
- Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup from Erin
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Whole Wheat Garlic Dumplings from Anne
Simple and Delicious Potato Soup
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large russet potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream or plain whole milk yogurt
- Bacon, sour cream, cheese, green onions (optional for garnish)
- Melt butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add diced onion, carrots, and celery. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add potato, salt, pepper, and thyme. Saute for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add flour. Stir to coat and cook for 1 minutes.
- Add chicken broth. Bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream (or yogurt). Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings. Serve and enjoy.
- Santa Fe Taco Soup
- Turkey Soup with Barley and Quinoa
- Every-Changing Vegetable Soup
- Chicken and Quinoa Dumplings
To thank you for your support we are offering this ebook free to all of our subscribers! Anyone who subscribes by email or RSS to The Purposed Heart, Intentional By Grace, The Humbled Homemaker, Quick and Easy, Cheap and Healthy, Christian Mommy Blogger, or Day 2 Day Joys will get a free digital copy of this book!
If you aren’t an email or RSS subscriber yet, you may sign up to receive your free copy as well. Once you subscribe a free copy of Sizzlin’ Soups will be sent to your email or RSS feeder along with the next post. Enjoy!