It’s that time of year again - time to pull out the baking supplies and get busy in the kitchen!
Growing up, my mom and aunt always set aside a day to bake TONS of holiday goodies for us to enjoy and share with neighbors, teachers, and friends. It is one of my favorite memories of my childhood.
Now as an adult, I love baking up trays of holiday goodies to share (and eat, of course!).
These little peanut butter cookies will definitely be making an appearance on my holiday goodie tray this year. They have a wonderful honey flavor that combines so well with the peanut butter. The whole wheat flour also gives them an extra special flavor that complements the peanut butter so well.
A Free Gift from Me to You!
These yummy peanut butter cookies are a part of an awesome cookbook that I was able to be a part of, Healthy Holidays. I’ll be making a lot of treats from this book as part of my holiday baking this year!
As a small thank-you gift, I am offering this ebook as a special free gift to all of my readers. I hope that you will be able to get a lot of use from it. The recipes featured in the book use natural, wholesome ingredients and are a wonderful way to slightly indulge that sweet tooth this holiday season!
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the recipe titles:
- Smooth, Creamy Caramels
- Unbelievable Chocolate Applesauce Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- Citrus Clove Buttons with Honey Frosting
- Old Fashioned Caramel Corn with Peanuts
Yum! Take a look at some of the pictures below. Doesn’t that all look so good?!
This ebook with over 20 delicious recipes is free to all Creating Naturally subscribers! Anyone who subscribes by email or RSS will get a free digital copy of this book!
If you aren’t a subscriber yet, just sign up by either email or RSS to get your free copy of the book also! Once you subscribe (and confirm your subscription), a free copy of Healthy Holidays will be sent to your email or RSS reader along with my next post. Enjoy!
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, honey, sucanat, vanilla, and egg until smooth and well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir into the wet batter until well blended.
- Refrigerate dough for several hours until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Roll cookie dough into walnut sized balls and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Use a fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until cookies are slightly browned on the edges.