In honor of “Fall in Love with Your Slow Cooker” week, I wanted to share this super simple slow cooker hot chocolate recipe with you.
I really hesitate to even call it a recipe, because it is so simple. With only two ingredients, this hot chocolate comes together so quickly that you might just find yourself enjoying a steamy hot cup of hot chocolate one too many times this winter!
This makes a rich, extremely chocolatey mug of hot chocolate. It is a bit indulgent and absolutely delicious! But if you prefer a darker, not-as sweet hot chocolate, check out this recipe for my dark hot chocolate mix that we also love and always keep on hand during the cold winter months.
When you start making dinner, through the milk in the crockpot. By the time dinner is over and cleanup is done, it will be time to throw in the chocolate chips and sit down for an after dinner treat!
- 8 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Place the 8 cups of milk in your slow cooker and heat on low for 2-3 hours.
- Dump the chocolate chips into the hot milk. Replace the lid and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the milk and melted chocolate together until it is smooth and there are no chocolate pieces left.
- You can use more or less chocolate chips depending on your taste. You may want to start out with 1 cup and adjust from there. I’ve made it with 2 cups before and it was extremely rich. We prefer it with 1 – 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips.
- Feel free to add other flavors to the hot chocolate as well. Vanilla extract, peppermint, coconut extract, cinnamon, etc. Get creative!
- Add some coffee or espresso for a delicious mocha twist.
- If you have leftover hot chocolate you can put it in the fridge and reheat the next day. Or just drink it cold as chocolate milk!
Are you a hot chocolate fan? Have you ever made it in your slow cooker before?
The cost for the eBook is only $5, but for this week only you can get it for 15% off using the code Creating15. It contains 40 healthy and delicious recipes for your slow cooker. You can read more about the book here, including what I think about it and if it’s for you or not!